As part of the (requested) How to Nicole Does Things Handbook today I’m sharing how I style my hair daily. My hair is probably my most complimented on feature, and that probably makes it the best thing about me. It takes quite a bit of effort to look just the right amount of dishevled. So below are the steps and products I use on my hair. The curls do hold up a couple of days depending on how curls usually hold in your hair and how much maintence you put in. More on that soon…
Please forgive the state of these photos, I took them the best I could to meet said request.
- Divide hair down the middle and secure one side with a clip. Section the free side into two more sections and secure on top of the head with smaller clips.
- Spray each section with heat protection spray. Wrap varying sized sections around the barrel of the curling iron. Do not secure or wrap the curl around the clasp (See photo example). Hold for a few seconds.
- Release the curl and pull straight for 5 seconds.
- Continue moving up the sections of hair until all hair is curled. I use smaller size sections on the top of my hair near my roots to create more curls and add volume.
- Sprinkle a small amount of Pret-A-Powder directly onto the roots. Using a small amount of Pret-A-Powder in your hands crunch hair repeatedly, breaking up the large curls.
- Shake hair out and finish with Bumble & Bumble Spray de Mode.
Use dry shampoo on the roots and add Pret-A-Powder to create more texture in the curls as they fall flat.