I’ll be honest, I know nothing about beauty routines. Beauty and makeup weren’t really as prevelant as they are now when I was younger and learning. The extent of my knowledge was whatever was in Seventeen (or any other teen) magazine. But as I’ve gotten older and more information is available (thanks Youtube and beauty blogs) I can try and find new things that work.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s continue with the How Nicole Does Things series and talk about my current makeup routine. In my attempt of exploring what works, I often find once I reach the optimal combination they stop making the color or product I love. This just so happens to be the case recently with my old eyeshadow choices. I have tried expensive pallettes before and while the pigments are much better, I just can’t find the right combination for myself so I have refrained from shelling out the money for them. Drugstore eyeshadow quads are just as effective, and I can change my mind as much as I want without breaking the bank every time.
Below are the products I currently use every day and in the process of making this post, I felt a little bad that most of the things I use every day are just things I picked up at Target. But I realize that I’m not a professional and while the highest rated concealer at Sephora might be the greatest in the world, I don’t necessarily think spending tons on every piece of makeup that touches my face is effective or reasonable to my lifestyle. Plus, I love Target. Everyone does.
- After rinsing my face with water and applying toner, I apply Boots No. 7 Hydrating Eye Cream to my undereyes.
- Apply NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer and conceal any visible imperfections and undereye area with Maybelline Master Concealer.
- Use Rimmel Matte Powder on t-zone to prevent oil and shine. Follow up with NARS Laguna/Orgasm bronzer & blush duo.
- Apply eyeshadow from Maybelline eyeshadow quad in any manner you prefer. I don’t always follow the labels. This crease color looks better on the lid.
- Apply Sonia Kashuk eyeliner thinly close to the lash line and smudge with an eyeliner brush. Follow up with Boots No. 7 eyebrow enhancer on the eyebrows.
- Finish the look with a few coats of Butter London Double Decker mascara.
- Finally, using a small brush, add Silk Teddy from the Too Faced Natural Eyes collection to the corners of the eye as a highlighter. To tone down the smokiness and make eyeshadow appear more matte, I very lightly brush Heaven across my entire eyelid up to my brow.