This is more of a winter survival guide rather than wellness, but I guess they are one in the same. I set out to capture the keys to surviving winter because winter is fun for all of…3 minutes. I will admit Arizona “winter” doesn’t compare to others who have snow but there are a few beauty essentials I’ve come to find incredibly beneficial to surviving the colder weather.
- Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub because no matter how many layers of chapstick and bottles of water I drink sometimes lip cracking happens. Plus it smells (and tastes) delicious.
- NIVEA Essential Moisture Body Lotion to keep my entire person in tip-top shape. No scaly skin around here. For face moisturizer I use Aveeno Positively Radiant with SPF. Don’t let the winter sun fool you, it can still cause plenty of damage.
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Charlotte because I’m just not into pretty pink shades at all (I look like I ate a popsicle and it stained my lips) and winter darker tones are completely acceptable.
- Party on a Platform by Essie. The entire swinging 60’s London collection is gorgeous and pretty much selling out everywhere so get it now. Getting Groovy is perfect for holiday gatherings.
- Urban Decay Highlighter in Sin which is perfect for adding a noticeable, pretty glow to any winter make up look. Seriously people will ask you what you’re wearing.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy or any deep lip moisturizer like Aquaphor or Lip Medex to keep lips looking smooth and healthy.
- Neutrogena Hair Mask just 5 minutes once a week removes damage from weather, heat from styling tools, and other harmful impacts to hair.