Are topknots even cool anymore? I don’t know. What I do know is I love them quite a bit when I’m feeling way too lazy to wash and style my hair. The topknot is chic and classic. It can be worn for a variety of occasions. I usually wear it to work or when it’s incredibly hot outside to keep the hair from getting sticky. I like how versatile it can be. I can make it really messy and relaxed or really crisp and tight.
- Use Pret-A-Powder (adds volume) to create a messy, high ponytail.
- Using the Tangle Teezer (or brush), tease hair out to create tons of volume. This works better if you’re using day old, curled hair. It will look crazy, messy, and full of knots. This is good.
- Separate hair into two sections. Wrap one around the base of the ponytail in one direction. Secure with a bobby pin. Repeat with the other section in the opposite direction.
- Pull sections to make hair messier and pin into shape desired.
- Finish with hairspray.
- Pin as many times as you need to get your desired shape. I end up using about 6 to get a more messy knot.
- Press down on the top for a flatter knot, pull sections outwards for a wider knot, or wrap sections tighter for a smaller knot.
Forgive the pictures