I’ll be honest: I’m really bad at beauty. I’m just not an expert. I literally would buy everything from Target and the thought of Sephora gave me anxiety. Well, now I have grown to love Sephora like I never imagined possible. That said we all have beauty obsessions. Just those things we can’t wait to tell everyone about or maybe even just keep to ourselves. They may come and go or change over time, but there are things that make us happy and feel beautiful. They are also pretty useful in maintaining our health, wellness, and self-esteem.
These a few of my favorite current obsessions over the last month or so.
- I mentioned this BECCA x Chrissy Teigen glow face palette a couple posts back, and I finally got one. It has two highlighters (one that is rose gold!!!! #fave), bronzer, and blush in one pretty looking kit. Talk about getting the perfect California just got home from the beach glow with ease.
- I will admit I had a “what am I doing with my life?” moment when I was purchasing this ELF Selfie Ready Powder Blurring Blush. I got it because it’s apparently finer than most brushes for powder. I can’t say it made me “selfie ready” as promised, but it does apply fairly well given the affordable price.
- Mascara is my life blood. I think I have tried just about every kind in existence, but my new favorite is Lights Camera Lashes by Tarte.
- Stress (and probably eating so much chocolate) has caused me to have crazy breakouts lately, but Clear Days Ahead acne treatment + moisturizer is a true lifesaver. It works in shockingly fast time especially on tough breakouts.
- A new pretty feminine lilac color for my nails (with an even better name): Baguette Me Not by Essie.
- I got Dry Bar’s Whiskey Fix as a full sample with my Sephora order. It actually smells like whiskey and adds great texture to my hair (especially ponytails).
- Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray…a summer essential for beachy waves. Duh.