I’ll be honest: I’m really bad at beauty. I’m just not an expert. I literally would buy everything from Target and the thought of Sephora gave me anxiety. Well, now I have grown to love Sephora like I never imagined possible. That said we all have beauty obsessions. Just those things we can’t wait to tell everyone about or maybe even just keep to ourselves. They may come and go or change over time, but there are things that make us happy and feel beautiful. They are also pretty useful in maintaining our health, wellness, and self-esteem.
Warmer temperatures means a change in my beauty must-haves. Really anything that keeps me from melting is entirely welcome. A must have in my book is anything that enables survival but keeps me feeling confident.
- Blush (NARS ‘Sex Appeal’) – This soft peach blush is a change from the rosy pink I usually use because it is much softer and subdued.
- Sea Salt Spray (Bumble and Bumble) – This is my go-to sea salt spray, but I use it minimally during the warmer months. It can be incredibly drying and lead to a frizzy look when used too much. But when used every once in a while it gives a really great beach fresh texture.
- Sunscreen (Aveeno) – duh.
- Bronzer (Hourglass Ambient Bronzer) – The perfect sun-kissed look with a radiant finish and minimal effort. Just for those days where I need a little dimension without baking in the sun (never advised).
- Nail Color (Essie ‘Excuse Me, Sur’) – This is my favorite nail color from Essie’s spring collection inspired by a California road trip. It’s a peachy pink that fits really well with my tan.
- Waterproof Mascara (Better Than Sex) – Because no one likes having mascara run down their face when sweating or crying. Full disclosure it takes quite a bit of remover to get off depending on how many coats are applied.
- Hair Mask (Neutrogena Recovery Mask) – I use this once a week to restore the health of my hair. Within the span of a shower it can minimize the product and heat damage and leave my hair looking healthy (and soft).
- Self Tanner (Nivea Sun Kissed Radiance lotion) – I am very wary of self tanner and I prefer to use Nivea’s gradual lotion. It adds a nice even color over time and Nivea makes the best lotions for my skin so double whammy.
Consider this the Toys R Us big book of toys for gift giving this holiday season
We are just about a week away from Christmas and while I haven’t finished my shopping (still got a few more things to pick up) I have had the time to browse the internet for the coolest gifts for pretty much everyone from moms & dads to hostess gifts.
J. Crew sweater | Columbo The Complete Series | Bath and Body Works candle | LaVanila perfume | Roku Streaming Stick | Double Leaf earrings | Pottery Barn throw blanket | Madewell slippers | Saturdays coffee | Warby Parker sunglasses
Parallele 45 Rose | Mixology dice | Marble cheese knives | Himalayan Salt tequila glasses | A Proper Drink book | Long burning matches | Vintage coasters | Pineapple serving dish | Monogram bottle stopper | Dark chocolate truffles
Coach Rexy charm | Chill Pill charger | Quirky candle | Best Friend leather jackets | Rebecca Minkoff best friend pouches | Art Print | S’Well galaxy water bottle | Kate Spade iPhone case | Camille wine glasses | Who What Wear heels | Lush Ice Cube gift set | Cat necklace | Spirit Dust | Calm bath salts
This is more of a winter survival guide rather than wellness, but I guess they are one in the same. I set out to capture the keys to surviving winter because winter is fun for all of…3 minutes. I will admit Arizona “winter” doesn’t compare to others who have snow but there are a few beauty essentials I’ve come to find incredibly beneficial to surviving the colder weather.
- Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub because no matter how many layers of chapstick and bottles of water I drink sometimes lip cracking happens. Plus it smells (and tastes) delicious.
- NIVEA Essential Moisture Body Lotion to keep my entire person in tip-top shape. No scaly skin around here. For face moisturizer I use Aveeno Positively Radiant with SPF. Don’t let the winter sun fool you, it can still cause plenty of damage.
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Charlotte because I’m just not into pretty pink shades at all (I look like I ate a popsicle and it stained my lips) and winter darker tones are completely acceptable.
- Party on a Platform by Essie. The entire swinging 60’s London collection is gorgeous and pretty much selling out everywhere so get it now. Getting Groovy is perfect for holiday gatherings.
- Urban Decay Highlighter in Sin which is perfect for adding a noticeable, pretty glow to any winter make up look. Seriously people will ask you what you’re wearing.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy or any deep lip moisturizer like Aquaphor or Lip Medex to keep lips looking smooth and healthy.
- Neutrogena Hair Mask just 5 minutes once a week removes damage from weather, heat from styling tools, and other harmful impacts to hair.
Forgive me for the fall overload. Of course, I’m sure it’s really no bother since it really is the best time of the year. One of the best things about it is finally getting to update my beauty essentials.
This is nearly every piece of my daily makeup routine. You may be saying “been there done that” but with fall it’s a little different. I switch out my beloved tinted moisturizer for real foundation because finally it won’t melt off my face or cause a crazy irritation by the middle of the day. Another change is I’ve gone back to my Maybelline Nudes palette. I think I’ve used the browns in the palette so much more than any other eye shadows I own. This NARS lipstick is my favorite during autumn because it’s a really great color that is just dark enough without being too overbearing. It’s a really nice rosy tan.
I picked up the Estee Lauder Edgiest mascara on whim to try new mascara a month or so ago. If you’re looking for spider lashes in an instant you’ve found your perfect tool. It does create volume and length but at a price. It does not come off no matter what remover I use. Straight coconut oil, makeup wipes, or eye makeup remover: it takes a lot to remove it. Other than that, I highly recommend it.
Shop: Maybelline Blur + Illuminate primer, NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, Sonia Kashuk under eye concealer, Too Faced Sun Bunny bronzer, NARS Orgasm blush, Maybelline Nudes palette, Rimmel eyeliner, Rimmel eyebrow pencil, Estee Lauder The Edgiest mascara, NARS Lipstick
Fall is coming, which means changing up my beauty routine. Long gone are the days of copper and shimmer, and in come the darker, warmer hues. But since it’s not quite here yet, I thought I would make a wish list of all the things I am loving right now.
Yes, there is a NARS gold colletion in there, but that’s because the illuminator looks amazing. I’m a recent convert to this and I’m still trying to figure it out all out, but I’m loving it. I’m also not too sure that’s just a summer thing either. The new Elizbeth and James perfumes are to die for. If you don’t believe me, just ask the (rude) girl at Sephora, who ripped them out of my hands to smell them!
Shop this post: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon, Sweat Cosmetics mineral illuminator, Benefit Pore Fessional primer, Hourglass Ambient Lighting bronzer, Essie fall collection, Two Faced mascara, NARS liquid gold set