I’ll be honest: I’m really bad at beauty. I’m just not an expert. I literally would buy everything from Target and the thought of Sephora gave me anxiety. Well, now I have grown to love Sephora like I never imagined possible. That said we all have beauty obsessions. Just those things we can’t wait to tell everyone about or maybe even just keep to ourselves. They may come and go or change over time, but there are things that make us happy and feel beautiful. They are also pretty useful in maintaining our health, wellness, and self-esteem.
Keeping up with all of the cool things on the internet can be tough. There are so many things worth bookmarking from clothes I want to buy, music I want to listen to, and random things I insist I’ll revisit later when I get a free second. Truth is I probably only revisit those things when cleaning out my bookmarks further on down the road.
I’m not entirely sure this post actually solves that problem, but it does give me the opportunity to share some of the things I really like this week with whoever is reading this. So enjoy!
- This cute ceramic pineapple cookie jar from World Market
- Fleet Foxes’ Fool’s Errand because I’ve waited for what seems like forever for new FF music
- BECCA x Chrissy Teigen palette is limited edition, finally back in stock, and I really hope it will give me a beautiful summer glow (as promised)
- Zara polka dot top since I can’t ever have too many polka dots or stripes, right? (Same)
- These metallic Reebok sneakers are what sneaker dreams are made of
Warmer temperatures means a change in my beauty must-haves. Really anything that keeps me from melting is entirely welcome. A must have in my book is anything that enables survival but keeps me feeling confident.
- Blush (NARS ‘Sex Appeal’) – This soft peach blush is a change from the rosy pink I usually use because it is much softer and subdued.
- Sea Salt Spray (Bumble and Bumble) – This is my go-to sea salt spray, but I use it minimally during the warmer months. It can be incredibly drying and lead to a frizzy look when used too much. But when used every once in a while it gives a really great beach fresh texture.
- Sunscreen (Aveeno) – duh.
- Bronzer (Hourglass Ambient Bronzer) – The perfect sun-kissed look with a radiant finish and minimal effort. Just for those days where I need a little dimension without baking in the sun (never advised).
- Nail Color (Essie ‘Excuse Me, Sur’) – This is my favorite nail color from Essie’s spring collection inspired by a California road trip. It’s a peachy pink that fits really well with my tan.
- Waterproof Mascara (Better Than Sex) – Because no one likes having mascara run down their face when sweating or crying. Full disclosure it takes quite a bit of remover to get off depending on how many coats are applied.
- Hair Mask (Neutrogena Recovery Mask) – I use this once a week to restore the health of my hair. Within the span of a shower it can minimize the product and heat damage and leave my hair looking healthy (and soft).
- Self Tanner (Nivea Sun Kissed Radiance lotion) – I am very wary of self tanner and I prefer to use Nivea’s gradual lotion. It adds a nice even color over time and Nivea makes the best lotions for my skin so double whammy.
Earlier this year I made a goal (more like post) to get my sh*t together by finally buying a gym bag. So have I done it? No. But what I did was repurpose a Victoria’s Secret weekender I got by overspending (on accident) and just never used. It’s now a staple in my life and I’ve officially become the girl that carries too many bags. Hey, they all serve a purpose and contain different things. Would I really put my gym necessities in with my work stuff? No. Plus, the original goal of the gym bag was to remove the random items from the confines of my car to one transportable place. Success.
My gym essentials aren’t that different from most people. I carry spray hand sanitizer and face wipes to make myself fresh and clean. Dry shampoo to refresh my hair and I make sure to carry a pouch filled with first aid supplies as well as random things I may need (tampons, hair ties, etc). I don’t use the showers or change at the gym (just a personal preference), so all the things I carry with me are to freshen myself up a bit so I can enter society in a normal looking fashion once I leave the gym. This means running errands or just not looking like a hot mess. Another function of my gym bag is to collect items I might forget exist. This could be random headphones incase I forget my favorite Beats or a case for my glasses (which is truly a lifesaver).
Other items might seem obvious. Face mist to refresh my skin and a towel to absorb the nasty sweat. I choose a dry shampoo that has a perfume scent so I don’t have to worry about smelling like sweat or looking disheveled. Another necessity: deodorant. Sure, you put some on to begin with but it doesn’t hurt to add a little more….just in case.
Up + Up Cucumber wipes, Honest spray hand sanitizer, Tangle Teezer, Burt’s Bees lip balm, Elizabeth & James dry shampoo, Milk Makeup face mist, Herschel Supply Co. bag, Contigo water bottle, Beats By Dre, Khataland towels
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and I know that I’ve said plenty of terrible things about it here on my blog. “For someone who sure dislikes it…you sure write a lot about it!!” – everyone probably. But, really this is a guide for treating the one person in your life that matters most: yourself.
Treat yo self day is the greatest television inspired holiday ever, and while apparently that’s some day in October, I think Valentine’s Day is a pretty fine substitute. As you can see from this guide, it’s everything a girl could need or want to make herself feel special when everything sucks. Well, except the box of chocolates, which every smart girl knows, you buy the day AFTER Valentine’s Day when it’s all on sale. Don’t mind if I do, discounted Godiva chocolates. Another great thing about the day after is not having to navigate the aisles of lost men and screaming children at Target. #blessed
*Streaming on Netflix too!
Consider this the Toys R Us big book of toys for gift giving this holiday season
We are just about a week away from Christmas and while I haven’t finished my shopping (still got a few more things to pick up) I have had the time to browse the internet for the coolest gifts for pretty much everyone from moms & dads to hostess gifts.
J. Crew sweater | Columbo The Complete Series | Bath and Body Works candle | LaVanila perfume | Roku Streaming Stick | Double Leaf earrings | Pottery Barn throw blanket | Madewell slippers | Saturdays coffee | Warby Parker sunglasses
Parallele 45 Rose | Mixology dice | Marble cheese knives | Himalayan Salt tequila glasses | A Proper Drink book | Long burning matches | Vintage coasters | Pineapple serving dish | Monogram bottle stopper | Dark chocolate truffles
Coach Rexy charm | Chill Pill charger | Quirky candle | Best Friend leather jackets | Rebecca Minkoff best friend pouches | Art Print | S’Well galaxy water bottle | Kate Spade iPhone case | Camille wine glasses | Who What Wear heels | Lush Ice Cube gift set | Cat necklace | Spirit Dust | Calm bath salts