I’m sorry for the surplus of summer themed posts lately. Although I’m not really sure what else I’d be writing about since it is, well, summer. I’ve shared my bucket list and now I thought I would share some other things on my radar. Products mostly to enhance the summer experience so think of it almost like a curated shop by yours truly.
- I love how this tee has the appearance of iron on letters making it feel slightly vintage. Madewell | $23
- A linen blouse paired with denim shorts and a cute sandal looks chic and relaxed with minimal effort. H&M | $30
- Slip on loafers are still all the rage, and these are on sale (currently) and budget friendly. Topshop | $24
- This top pulls double duty: adds a touch of bright color to an outfit and shows off the shoulders. Zara | $10
I genuinely don’t know how it’s already July. The year is more than half over? Where did the time go? I hope the next few months are far better than the last few, but rather than being such a Debbie Downer enjoy some really cool things currently on my radar.
Shop: ONE | TWO | THREE | FOUR | FIVE | SIX | SEVEN | EIGHT | NINE
May has been a pretty weird one. Between celebrating my birthday multiple times and finishing off the semester, I’m feeling pretty exhausted. I didn’t know I could feel so emotionally and physically drained, but here we are. I hope the cosmos have some really great things in store for me in June because who knows how much more I can take.
So while I hope for some good universe alignment to come my way, I managed to find some things that were pretty cool this month to enhance the lives of others.
- Cold water is essential in the warmer months and I love this W&P water bottle ice cube tray. It’s great for making flavored ice cubes to enhance boring old water and, hello, it’s made for fitting in the most inconvenient place to fit ice cubes: water bottles.
- Get Lost is such a great tune. I just want to dance to it for hours and hours.
- Master of None is such a brilliant show and it recently just began streaming its new season on Netflix. I love that episode 1 of season 2 took place in the Italian town my family comes from (not to mention the Italian neorealism of that episode is perfect). PLUS there’s tons of pasta to look at and plenty of modern dating (and situations) to laugh at.
- Sofia Coppola is one of my favorite directors ever and recently just became the 2nd woman to ever win best director at Cannes (71 years later than the first). She has a new movie coming out soon and took W Magazine on a personal tour of some of her inspirations.
- I love rose gold anything and this Ouai hair and body oil promises to make my hair shiny and hydrated so naturally I’m all in. I’m not sure about using it on my skin but it claims to remove redness and reduce the appearance of scars. I really can’t wait to try it.
I’ll be honest: I’m really bad at beauty. I’m just not an expert. I literally would buy everything from Target and the thought of Sephora gave me anxiety. Well, now I have grown to love Sephora like I never imagined possible. That said we all have beauty obsessions. Just those things we can’t wait to tell everyone about or maybe even just keep to ourselves. They may come and go or change over time, but there are things that make us happy and feel beautiful. They are also pretty useful in maintaining our health, wellness, and self-esteem.
Keeping up with all of the cool things on the internet can be tough. There are so many things worth bookmarking from clothes I want to buy, music I want to listen to, and random things I insist I’ll revisit later when I get a free second. Truth is I probably only revisit those things when cleaning out my bookmarks further on down the road.
I’m not entirely sure this post actually solves that problem, but it does give me the opportunity to share some of the things I really like this week with whoever is reading this. So enjoy!
Warmer temperatures means a change in my beauty must-haves. Really anything that keeps me from melting is entirely welcome. A must have in my book is anything that enables survival but keeps me feeling confident.
- Blush (NARS ‘Sex Appeal’) – This soft peach blush is a change from the rosy pink I usually use because it is much softer and subdued.
- Sea Salt Spray (Bumble and Bumble) – This is my go-to sea salt spray, but I use it minimally during the warmer months. It can be incredibly drying and lead to a frizzy look when used too much. But when used every once in a while it gives a really great beach fresh texture.
- Sunscreen (Aveeno) – duh.
- Bronzer (Hourglass Ambient Bronzer) – The perfect sun-kissed look with a radiant finish and minimal effort. Just for those days where I need a little dimension without baking in the sun (never advised).
- Nail Color (Essie ‘Excuse Me, Sur’) – This is my favorite nail color from Essie’s spring collection inspired by a California road trip. It’s a peachy pink that fits really well with my tan.
- Waterproof Mascara (Better Than Sex) – Because no one likes having mascara run down their face when sweating or crying. Full disclosure it takes quite a bit of remover to get off depending on how many coats are applied.
- Hair Mask (Neutrogena Recovery Mask) – I use this once a week to restore the health of my hair. Within the span of a shower it can minimize the product and heat damage and leave my hair looking healthy (and soft).
- Self Tanner (Nivea Sun Kissed Radiance lotion) – I am very wary of self tanner and I prefer to use Nivea’s gradual lotion. It adds a nice even color over time and Nivea makes the best lotions for my skin so double whammy.